History
Course
HST 306
Professor
Prof.Anderson
Semester
N/A

Description
HST 306, Lecture Notes (September 11, 2013): The Roaring Twenties: The Roar That Failed *From mass market to mass unemployment* I. Post World War I Prosperity: a. Sharp Recession (1920-21): b. “New Era Prosperity”-Based on mass market for consumer products: c. Stock Market Mania of 1928-29 d. Uneven Benefits e. Weak Foundation-Growth of Debt and credit II. How Michigan Put the Roar in the Roaring Twenties: a. Michigan automobile manufacturing created jobs and income growth. b. Importance of Ford, Olds, Durant, Chrysler, etc. c. Cars and Trucks provided: i. Greater Speed ii. Lower coast of shipment iii. Expanded flexibility iv. Expanded zone of competition. III. Biography of Henry Ford Video; a. World’s top industrialist, personal fortune of 700 million dollars. b. Went from farmer (where he felt trapped), and then moved to Detroit at 28 and began working at a power plant. i. At night he worked o
More Less

Related notes for HST 306

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit