ITM 309 Lecture Notes - Lecture 21: Offshore Outsourcing, Employee Retention, Social Entrepreneurship

38 views4 pages

Document Summary

21st century organization trends: the primary changes and challenges organizations are focusing on in the 21st century. Virtual (cid:449)orlds: it"s a (cid:449)hole new world. Helps a company to bolster its green bona fides. Outsourcing: outsourcing an arrangement by which one organization provides a service or services for another organization that chooses not to perform them in-house. Outsourcing projects: big selli(cid:374)g poi(cid:374)t for offshore outsour(cid:272)i(cid:374)g (cid:862)i(cid:374)e(cid:454)pe(cid:374)si(cid:448)e good (cid:449)ork(cid:863, factors driving outsourcing growth include: Reduced operating expenses for head count and exposure to risk for large capital investments. A(cid:272)(cid:272)ess to outsour(cid:272)i(cid:374)g ser(cid:448)i(cid:272)e pro(cid:448)ider"s e(cid:454)pertise, e(cid:272)o(cid:374)o(cid:373)ies of s(cid:272)ale, (cid:271)est practices, and advanced technologies. Increased flexibility for faster response to market changes and less time to market for new products or services: outsourcing challenges include. Length of contract: difficulties in getting out of a contract, problems in foreseeing future needs, problems in reforming an internal it department after the contract is finished.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers