ISS 336 Lecture Notes - Lecture 23: Commonwealth Institute, Alan Gregg, September 11 Attacks

35 views3 pages

Document Summary

In 2006, i had the opportunity of hearing liberal prime minister jean chretien, who was returning from a conference of european leaders; speak at the commonwealth institute in. And here was chretien declaring he wanted more. This is what i"ve been examining with my students on a study abroad program in france and. Belgium and it is a really, really good question. This article, plus the article by alan gregg. Identity crisis: multiculturalism a 21st century nightmare, should give you lots to think about. [reitz takes this question as a given but most people don"t get it. ] Canada is the second largest country by size in the world with a population (34. 48m) and is smaller than california (38. 04m). The natural replacement (fertility) rate necessary to maintain a population is 2. 1 births per woman. Consider that in 2011 germany"s rate was 1. 36, Spain"s 1. 36 and italy"s 1. 41 is up from 1. 23 in 2004. And a shrinking population means a shrinking economy.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers