MKT 310 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Muhammad Yunus, Grameen Foundation, Finca International

29 views2 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Mkt 310 microfinance institutions and recent debates. Finca international: founded in 1984 by john hatch, the village banking method. Lo(cid:449) i(cid:374)terest rates that i(cid:373)pro(cid:448)ed poor"s repa(cid:455)(cid:373)e(cid:374)t rates. The grameen foundation: founded by a group of friends in 1997. Inspired by vision of muhammad yunus: mission is to help poor get themselves out of poverty, offer a range of programs, values. Respect for staff: main program is microfinance but others include: Capital management: solidarity circles create social support network, recycles loans to multiply investment. Fondep microcredit: based in morocco, founded in 1996 as a non-profit ngo, relies primarily on donor funding and loans, mission is to integrate women and youth into market economy. Covered 50% of credit lines extended by commercial banks: challenges. Controversy at compartamos: located in mexico, bega(cid:374) le(cid:374)di(cid:374)g to the poor i(cid:374) the late (cid:1005)(cid:1013)(cid:1012)(cid:1004)"s, became full service, for profit bank, clients:

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers