PSY 255 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Performance Appraisal, Job Satisfaction, Job Performance

29 views4 pages
5 Apr 2016
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

3-5 years experience : types, task orientated, state actual tasks, state what is accomplished by those tasks, plus: easier to distinguish among jobs and equipment, work orientated, state attributes of worker needed to accomplish tasks ii. Job description and classification: define jobs and categorize jobs into job families, criterion development and performance appraisal i. Identifies important job duties and effective job performance behaviors c. Job redesign/ restructuring: reveals redundant or outdated job tasks and can improve efficiency, litigation, demonstrates defensible requirements and criterion, training i. Identifies content that could be trained and what ksaos training should target: recruitment selection and placement i. Identifies the ksaos org should select on and who should go where: compensation and performance evaluation, helps create internal pay structure and defines success, promotion i. Identifies logical career paths for employees: how to do a job analysis, traditional ways, observe, watch people perform jobs and take notes, ask questions.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers