History
Course
HIST 1100
Professor
John Wigger
Semester
Spring

Description
Carolinas 02/09/2012 Chesapeake New England Carolinas Middle Colonies Geography Economy Gender Race Initial Settlers Money Religion Major Events Native Americans Family Life English Monarchs, 1603­1702 James I, 1603­1625 King James Bible Charles I, 1625­1649 Charles II, 1660­1685 Restoration James II, 1685­1688 William and Mary 1688­1702 Restoration Colonies The Church of England in the colonies Colonial Ties The Navigation Acts and mercantilism The colonies would provide markets for English manufactured goods and a source for raw materials Other nations would be excluded from the colonial trade Restoration Colonies: Carolinas, New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania Carolinas Early settlement 1663 grant by Charles II Early settlers from Barbados Products: livestock, tobacco, lumber, turpentine, pitch Tarheels and Jack Tars Introduction of rice Cash crop Slave and free blacks in Carolinas First African Americans in Carolinas Advantages of slave labor for planters Labor for life No worries over “bad press” Close connect
More Less

Related notes for HIST 1100

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit