Political Science
Course
POL_SC 1100
Professor
Horner
Semester
Fall

Description
Friday, September 21, 2012 Political Participation Conventional Participation • Voting • Running for office • Petitioning • Political forums • Writing editorials • Donating money to a political party • Bumper stickers on your car/signs in your yard Unconventional Participation  • Protesting • Boycotts • Sit­ins • Marches • Violence Participation Defined • Political Participation – Any sort of activity that has to do with getting involved in politics/government o Huge area of research Rules of Participation  1. Income a. People with more money are more likely to vote i. More time ii. More affected 2. Age a. Older people are more likely to vote i. More time ii. More attention iii. Social securities 3. Education a. People with higher education are more likely to vote i. You know more  • These are all somewhat related 4. Level of interest (political efficacy) a. Psychological variable b. You feel like your vote matters c. People with higher income, age, and education have a higher political efficacy 5. Group ownership 6. Property ownership a. People who own property are more l
More Less

Related notes for POL_SC 1100

OR

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit