PSYCH 2320 Lecture Notes - Lecture 16: Jane Loevinger, Fraternities And Sororities

28 views3 pages
6 Jul 2016
School
Department
Professor

Document Summary

Women who had just completed a sorority unity ceremony; people who said they were in love . Couldn"t we just measure these using a questionnaire: people should be more involved with their work, i am quite independent of the people i know, i feel confident when directing the activities of others. Mcclelland & colleagues maintain that implicit motives differ from self- attributed motives. People act in accord with these when the motive-relevance is brought to their attention. Implicit motives influence spontaneous behavior and direct attention (so no outside influence if needed). Are men more likely than women to inject bizarre violent imagery in their. The implicit/explicit distinction is widely recognized in personality and social psychology today. New ways to score using trained computer systems. But still no substitute (yet) for the human rater. Given its logistical challenges, it is hard to conduct these studies with very large samples. Psychobiography -applying psychological theories to understand the single case.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers