HIST 106 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Nazi Party, Benito Mussolini, Italian Fascism

65 views13 pages
16 Mar 2016
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Global depression: by the middle of the 1920s, most industrialized countries seemed on the way to economic recovery from. I to france and great britain: france and great britain, in turn, depended on reparation payments to pay off loans taken out in the. I: economic problems in the 1920s, besides the heavy burden of war reparations owed by germany and. I, when europe"s agricultural output declined significantly, farmers in the u. s. , Canada, argentina, and australia expanded their own production. Because of the loss of u. s. capital, germany in 1932 had 35% unemployment rates and a: the great depression destroyed the international financial and commercial network of the capitalist. 50% decrease in industrial production economies: as international cooperation broke down, governments turned to their own resources and practiced economic nationalism. Thus he recommended heavy involvement by governments in stimulating the economy. He felt such intervention would result in reduced unemployment and increased consumer demand which would lead to economic revival.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers