EDP 304 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Motivation, Differentiated Instruction, Behavior Management

35 views5 pages
22 Mar 2018
School
Course
Professor

Document Summary

10:32 am: maslow"s hierarchy of needs: implications for motivation, student"s physiological needs. Not all students will have their physiological needs ( food, shelter, clothing, sleep) met outside of school. This will have a significant impact on students" motivation in school: school as a community. Understanding school is part of a larger community seeking resources to support students and the larger community. Food bank, fundraising, partnering with support organizations. School communities shouldn"t ignore socioeconomic and systemic inequities that present students" basic needs from being met. Helping all students to reach their full potential cannot be done without addressing students" basic needs: school belonging. A student"s sense of school belonging is influenced by perceptions of acceptance, respect, inclusion, and support (goodenow, 1993) To what extent do my peers and teachers support me to reach my goals: student identity & school belonging. Sense of school belonging is influenced by students" identity and what aspects of their identity are most salient to them.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers