GD 303 Lecture 1: Communication Models

36 views7 pages
8 Feb 2017
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

*note: i apologize for the delayed posting, i just got my textbook in the mail a couple days ago. Formatting note: textbook info is in black, while lecture additions are in grey. The big ideas section always comes from the beginning of the lectures, and summarizes the content of the lecture. Vocabulary comes exclusively from the textbook, graphic design theory by meredith davis. Models are mental or physical structures that represent our experience and knowledge of the world. In looking at the history of communication models, we gain insight into the ways in which graphic designers have understood their communication task. Model: a mental or physical structure that represents experience of and knowledge about the world. In conceptual models, meaning resides in the organization or relationships among ideas or concepts. Physical models describe the arrangement of components and the roles they represent within a larger system. Perception: the ability to see, hear, or become aware of something through the senses.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers