ESCI 401 Lecture Notes - Lecture 16: Convergent Boundary, Subsidence, Divergent Boundary

27 views3 pages

Document Summary

Name three types of sedimentary basins and where they form, sedimentary basin, types of basins i. i. ii. ii. iii. Thick accumulation of sediment that sinks, due to its own weight and tectonic processes. Rift basins: a lot of stretching and thinning has occurred here due to tectonic. 2. processes, making the magma rise, causing sinking regions i. e. : east africa, rio grande valley (southern texas), and jordan. Valley in the middle east: places with a lot of oil and gas development. Flexural basin the other i. e. : mesopotamian basin in iraq: form at convergent plate boundaries where one plate pushes onto. 2: what is the most common type of chemical or biological sedimentary rock? why? a. Sandstone pressure : classification of clastic sedimentary rocks. Clastic sedimentary rocks: clast size , angularity distance the sediment traveled, sorting , composition of clasts, composition of cement, move very far distances. Dissolved materials and sediments from rivers, wind, rain and glaciers.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers