BUSN 1102 Lecture 6: 02.11.14

49 views3 pages

Document Summary

Ineffective: there is only so much, and the more you get, the less there is for me. Effective: there is plenty out there for everyone, and more to spare. Effective, long-term relationships require mutual respect and mutual benefit. More team involvement generosity of spirit rich relationships consideration seek mutual benefit create win-win agreements. Emotional bank account: metaphor for the amount of trust that exists in a relationship. Withdrawals bread down and lessen trust in relationships. Give no feedback or evaluate character (cid:523)(cid:498)you(cid:499) messages(cid:524) Habit 5: seek first to understand, then to be understood. Ineffective: i listen with the intent to reply. Effective: i listen with the intent to understand. To communicate effectively, we must first understand each other. Diagnose before you prescribe listen empathically seek to be understood from the other"s prospective. Result: greater influence with others solutions to complex problems clarity on real issues faster problem solving. Ineffective: )t"s either your way or my way, or a compromise.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers