COMM 1131 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Nonverbal Communication, Interpersonal Communication, Relate

67 views4 pages

Document Summary

Ex: same supermarket, going at same time, same day (monday nights at 10pm). Connection at a social or emotional level. Shared experiences, inside jokes, knowledge and disclosure of personal info. Close/intimate relationships: include all the features of interpersonal relationships plus: Need to feel part of a group. Feeling in control of one"s life; not controlled by others. I make my own decisions and have power over my own destiny . The most satisfying close relationships share control between partners. One person does not feel dominated by the other. Co-workers who used to not date, go from role relationship to intimate/close relationship and role. Ic consists of the exchange of verbal and/or non-verbal messages between two people. Verbal messages - use works; are spoken. 60-65% of the meaning in most interactions comes from non- verbal communication. Facial expressions, body movements, eye movements, eye contact. Ex: eye contact communicates engagement, interest, sincerity, and confidence.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers