HSCI 1105 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Healthy Diet, Cardiovascular Disease, Saturated Fat

18 views3 pages

Document Summary

Nutrition: nutrition, nutrition guideline and assessment i. Sodium: processed foods are seasoned with salt - try to avoid adding more, eat fresh foods or frozen veggies // avoid msg ii. Sugars: limiting added sugar to 6tsp // 9tsp for women and men respectively, can influence heart disease iii. Variety and moderation: there are no never foods , fluctuate eating patterns and nutrients, not one food or one nutrient will make you healthy or unhealthy iv. Improving cardiovascular health: at least thirty minutes everyday, healthy eating around the world i. ii. Harvard medical school: healthy eating plate publication, descriptions and recommendations on diagram. Limitation of dairy i. ii: whole grains vs grains iv. Includes healthy oils with meals: basing plate of nurses health study iv. Exchange lists for meal planning: used in clinical settings to instruct diabetics, useful tool to control calorie, carbohydrate, protein and fat intake, food group composition, provides specific position sizes i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers