Music
Course
MUSC 1101
Professor
Loughridge
Semester
Spring

Description
Muzak Inc. producesfamiliar tunes arranged and orchestrated in a lightweight and derivative manner. believe that it is possible to produce material that can be used thus with out being in any way compromised. An ambience is de ned as an atmosphere, or a surround ing in uence: a tint My intention is to produce original pieces ostensibly (but not exclusively) for particular times and situations with a view to building up a small but ver satile catalogue of environmental music suited to a wide variety of moods and atmospheres blanketing their acoustic and atmo spheric idiosyncracies, Ambient Music is in tended to enhance these. Ambient Music is intended to induce calm and a space to think. The idea of making music that in some way related to a sense of place landscape, environment had occurred to me many times over the years preceding On Land. My conscious exploration of this way of thinking about music probably began with Another Green World (1975). On that record I became aware of setting each place within its own particular landscape and allowing the mood of that landscape to determine the kinds of activity that could oc cur music produced in recording studios (rather than music repro duced by studios) has the option of creating its own psy choacoustic space o has been achieved by mechanical or electronic echoes and delays: short re peat echoes connoting rectilinear urban spaces, From Another Green World onwards I became interested in exaggerating and invent ing rather than replicating spaces, experiment ing in particular with various techniques of time distortion. There is no longer a sharp distinction between foreground and background.
More Less

Related notes for MUSC 1101

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit