PHIL 1165 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Reproductive Rights, Consequentialism, Speciesism

86 views3 pages

Document Summary

Moral and social problems in healthcare: abortion, brief historical i. i. Judeo-christian tradition: emphasis on quickness as point at which concerns emerge, up until the first trimester there in no human there, mid-nineteenth century, abortion is illegal in most of the u. s and europe iii. Roe vs wade: 1973 - right to privacy, morally permissible but not mandatory iv. Recent: focus on partial birth abortions (late term, conservatives look to ban these, overview i. ii. Universal human rights: are we violating the rights of the zygote, embryo or fetus when considering abortion, are we violating the rights of the women by not allowing her to terminate an unwanted pregnancy iii. Circumstance of conception: are there contributing factors that could make considering abortion more morally permissible, rape//incest iv. Alternatives to abortion: resources to aid parents if they are unable to do so themselves, centrality of questions of rights i. ii. iii. iv.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers