PSYC 3450 Lecture Notes - Lecture 10: Crossed Fingers, Table Tennis, Radical Behaviorism

35 views6 pages

Document Summary

Here on: talking about thorndike and law of effect. They act, and they need to learn the relationships between their actions and their consequences in order to guide behavior. Appetitive conditioning vocab: appetitive conditioning: instrumental or operant conditioning driven by a reinforcer, contingency: the relationship between a behavior and a reinforce, what is learned, not pure stimulus response. If cat in puzzle box, learned when i am in this box, if i do this, then i can get the food: reinforcer: any event that increases the probability of a contingently related behavior occurring. In cat in puzzle box, reinforcer = food, made more likely to do those things. In classical conditioning, we typically measure learning in terms of the % response to a. In instrumental conditioning, a contingency between behavior and reinforcement is learned: crucially, in instrumental conditioning, the timing of learning is not under the subject"s control, appetitive turning to get reinforce (food)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers