Biology
Course
BIOL-UA 6
Professor
davidjenkins
Semester
Spring

Description
Fig. 2 shows a person taking part in an experiment on the eye’s response to light. The lamp was placed at different positions on the line A – B. Table 1 shows the diameter of the person’s pupil when the light was placed at seven different positions. (a) In which position was the lamp furthest from the eye ? …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….……[1] (b) Explain what is happening in the iris of the eye as the lamp moves from position 1 to position 2. …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….……… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….……… ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….[4] Nervous System Page 1 of 6 (c) (i) What type of response is being shown by the eye ? ……………………………………………………………………………………………………..…………[1] (ii) How does this response benefit the eye ? ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………... … ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………... …… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………..……[2] Nervous System Page 2 of 6 (a) Complete Fig. 1.1 and Fig 1.2 to show the appearance of the eye in the two light intensities shown. Label the structures you have drawn and indicate the colour of each part. (i) appearance in dim light (b) Account for these changes in the eye. ……………………………………………………………………………………………………. ……………………………………………………………………………………………………. …………………………………………………………………………………………………[3] [Total : 7] Fig. 5 shows a device which can be used to test the response of the skin to touch. Nervous System Page 3 of 6 (a) (i) Complete Table 1 for each part of the body to show 1. the
More Less

Related notes for BIOL-UA 6

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit