EURO-UA 511 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Giuseppe Mazzini, Proletariat, Unification Of Germany

59 views4 pages

Document Summary

Cavour was prime minister of piedmont sardinia a. i. 1. Garibaldi guerilla warfare: austria is big threat to italian unification b. i. Will lose a lot of land if italy becomes unified b. ii. Cavour convinces napoleon to go to war with austria (treaty of. France wins, gets some land: 1861: italy is unified! Garibaldi wants republic, but cavour wants kingdom of. Under victor emmanuel and cavour, has constitutional monarchy c. ii. Don"t take over rome until french are distracted by. Franco-prussian war: german unification (1860"s 1870"s, bismarck as iron chancellor of prussia, believes blood and iron is needed to unify germany b. i. Real politik: gets prussia, austria, and other german states to go to war and take part of. Denmark where they take land that has german speakers (nationalist war: 1866: provokes war with austria d. i. Bismarck wants a smaller germany: bismarck starts german confederation e. i. Lower trade barriers/tariffs and trade with one another: 1870 ems dispatch f. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers