HIST-UA 157 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: The Columbian Exchange, Atlantic Slave Trade, Triangular Trade

41 views4 pages
Department
Professor

Document Summary

Europe received raw goods from the colonies a. i. 1. b. Africa would receive rum, manufactured goods, and textiles from europe a. i. 1. d. The middle passage (slaves to new world) was the most dreadful one of all a. i. 1. f. It was a system of interdependence, where they would all give certain things and get certain things to keep the cycle going (ex: slaves would make cotton, which would make textiles) a. i. 1. g. The african slaves would come from the gold. Western africa so they could get slaves a. i. 1. i. Many africans were in favor of the triangle trade because they would make money off of it (ex: Asante kingdom) caused the slave trade to keep going a. i. 1. j. The asante kingdom developed a monopoly in trade and gold a. i. 1. k. Some african rulers were opposed to slave trade (fear of depopulation) a. i. 2. It was the trade of food items from the old world and new world a. i. 2. b. Corn, tobacco, potatoes, etc. went from new to old a. i. 2. c.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers