HIST-UA 157 Lecture Notes - Lecture 11: Missus Dominicus, Alcuin, Social Stratification

57 views3 pages
Department
Professor

Document Summary

Europe has lots of coastline, giving it lots of trade opportunity. It is right near asia and africa, giving it even more trade opportunity. Lots of natural resources (good land for crops, underground mineral resources, food: the germanic kingdom, clovis a. i. Clovis was the king of the franks (most powerful kingdom in. This was important because christianity attracted people and it was a tool connecting clovis and the people of. He conquered gaul (used to belong to the romans: charles martel b. i. He lead the french and defeated the muslims in the battle of tours b. ii. Because of this victory, he and his family got a sense of holiness: battle of tours c. i. This was when the french defeated the muslim army in 732 ad c. ii. Christian europe saw this as a symbol that god was on their side c. iii. Since charles martel lead the victory and practically saved. Christianity, he was regarded as holy: charlemagne d. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers