POL-UA 540 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Persian Gulf, Fertile Crescent, Area Studies

28 views3 pages

Document Summary

Careers and constituencies built on these crises situations o. Ngo"s, journalists, scholars - more jobs in me studies than other discourses. If it"s true that regimes in contemporary are authoritarian. Vast majority in me wish democratic forms of politics. Used to not publically demand this out of oppression. Isis members are often from outside the me - european prison system. Many people were complaining in the 80"s that the youth weren"t doing their large number of tunisian, egyptian, etc. going to the streets since 2001. What is the middle east ? o o. Highly relational term originating from london- near east and far east. The me became increasing critical in the 18-19th centuries. Eastern questions - what should we do with the ottoman empire. Eastern areas not under an empire, changed meaning. Persian question 1880s- have control over the subcontinent (india, Me was reference to persian gulf, arabian region o.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers