ACCTMIS 2200 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Cash Flow Statement, Cash Flow, Accrual

37 views5 pages
blushjackal941 and 2 others unlocked
ACCTMIS 2200 Full Course Notes
ACCTMIS 2200 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
4 documents

Document Summary

Cash flow statements helps users assess: ability to generate future cash flows, ability to pay dividend and meet obligations, why net income is different from operating cash flows, cash investing and financing transactions. Non-cash revenues and expenses: depreciation expense, gain on sale, loss on sale. When using the indirect method: accrual based net income. Depreciation is non-cash, so we must eliminate this affect since it reduced. Add decreases in current assets (except cash and investments) Add increases in current liabilities (except notes payable) Subtract increases in current assets (except cash and investments) Subtract decreases in current liabilities (except notes payable) Indirect: reveals less information to competitors, starts with net income and adjusts get rid of accrual and deferrals to get to only cash. Significant noncash activities: sig(cid:374)ifi(cid:272)a(cid:374)t fi(cid:374)a(cid:374)(cid:272)i(cid:374)g a(cid:374)d i(cid:374)(cid:448)esti(cid:374)g a(cid:272)ti(cid:448)ities that do(cid:374)"t affe(cid:272)t (cid:272)ash a(cid:396)e (cid:396)epo(cid:396)ted i(cid:374) either a separate schedule at the bottom of the statement of cash flows or in the notes to the financial statements, examples:

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers