COMM 3668 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: David Koresh, Timothy Mcveigh, Military Organization

25 views4 pages

Document Summary

What(cid:859)s happe(cid:374)i(cid:374)g i(cid:374) the (cid:449)orld toda(cid:455): philippine president duterte regrets slamming obama (called him s. o. b, 4 reasons bgsu football will beat osu (plain dealer), loses 77-10, hermine hitting the east coast. Vietnam -> 9/11 -> gwot: balkanization: people with similar attitudes tend to form insular networks; shut out others, effectually magnifying their collective voice. Creates a wider cultural gap between have and have-not nations. Mills(cid:859) (cid:894)(cid:1005)(cid:1012)(cid:1009)(cid:1013)(cid:895) idea of the (cid:862)(cid:373)arketpla(cid:272)e of ideas(cid:863: media routines. Follow powerful leaders, feed the message to the public who know little about the conflict, drum up support. Media are especially powerful at the onset of war, but weaken as war progresses: why: U. s. versus them dichotomy works well (a holdover from the cold war: u. s. versus ussr) It sells: cnn and gulf war i: fyi: true not just for the us, but great britain, and australia as well.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers