ENGLISH 4522 Lecture 2: Book I Canto iv

63 views2 pages

Document Summary

Summary (100-150 words max): duessa and redcrosse approach and enter the. The path is well trodden, signifying many people visit the house of. After luciefera welcomes the pair, she leads a procession of six counsellors, symbolizing the deadly sins. These counsellors are: idlenesse, riding an ass; gluttony, riding a swine; lechery, riding a goat; avarice, riding a camel; envy, riding a wolf; and. The appearance of each counsellor matches their respective name. Sansjoy notices that redcrosse has sansfoy"s shield in his possession. Redcrosse murdered sansfoy, sansjoy challenges redcrosse after the procession. Lucifera commands them to stop fighting and resume their battle in the morning. After nightfall, duessa meets sansjoy and professes her love for him. New characters introduced: maluenu the house of pryde"s porter (i. iv. 6. 4), lucifera the lady of the house of pryde, and the queen of hell. She is pluto and proserpina"s daughter, although she claims she is jove"s daughter (i. iv. 11. 1-6).

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers