BI 103 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Peristalsis, Coeliac Disease, Pancreatitis

48 views2 pages
24 May 2017
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Exam #1 next monday: old exams appendix d, objectives appendix a. Notes: upper git disorders, technologie has allowed us to see some parts of our digestive systems - endoscope(camera, gerd - gastroesophageal reflux disease i. ii. iii. Chemicals cause inflammation (acids and enzymes get pushed to mouth. Eroded valve, erosion of the esophagus, continual bleeding, Can form ulcer in the stomach, esophagus lining: gastritis: inflammation of the stomach lining i. ii. iii. iv. Found it was caused by helicobacter pylori, alcohol, nsaids, (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) Different treatments for it: antacids for east of the rookies. Glutine can be the cause of this disorder: genetically based. No known cure: can"t rebuild villi: autoimmune: body attacks itself, white blood cells attack body, gallbladder can form gallstones: gallstones are crystals that are formed in the gallbladder, increase fiber (plant fiber) therefore increase peristalsis, i. ii. Can travel and transfer the bile to liver where it causes pain from blockage.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers