History
Course
HIST 020
Professor
D R.D O U G L A S M I C H A E L C H A R L E S
Semester
Fall

Description
History 20 Dr. Charles nd Date: / / . The Imperial Crises, The 2 Continental Congress, & Thomas Paine I. What were the Americans fighting for in 1775? A. Independence? B. Reconciliation? C. What were the goals? 1. Representation in parliament 2. Removal of British troops from colonies 3. Restoration of the liberties that were taken away 4. They were NOT thinking of independence at the time i. Feared separation from England a. Who would run America? 1. Could not get rid of the king (chaos) b. Who would protect America? 1. French, Spanish, and natives posed a threat D. Was not only a war between England and the colonies, but a civil war 1. Loyalists vs. Patriots 2. Guerilla warfare II. Second Continental Congress A. Occurred about one month after Lexington and Concord B. Two main goals 1. Raise & supply an army 2. Negotiate a reconciliation with England C. Continental Congress had no legal authority 1. Used the committees of correspondence or committees of safety in place of a government i. Most of the governors had already left and the colonial legislatures had been taken away ~ 1 ~ History 20 Dr. Charles Date: / / . 2. Took on all the responsibilities of a government 3. Printed paper money called continental script i. Needed money to support troops ii. Was worthless unl
More Less

Related notes for HIST 020

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit