Information Sciences And Technology
Course
IST 240
Professor
Sherry Corneal- Pennsylvania State University
Semester
Spring

Description
• C# is a very strong typed language. • Program store and keep track of al kidns of data. • Pieces of data are stored in memory locations called variables. • Each piece has a type of data, which is used ot declare a variable • C# doesn’t have global variables • Variable can’t change type unless you change it. • Declare variable, indicate a type, give it a name, then maybe an initial value • Can’t start the name with a number, • Int 4 bytes -2 million to 2 million • Date 8 bytes • Char 2 bytes, single character • String – hold from 0 to 2 billion characters • Object, defined by your program, custom structure and size as memory allows • Bool – Boolean true or false value • Byte- 1 byte unsigned value from 0 to 255 • Decimal – 16 bytes, very high presision floating point numbers • Double- 8 bytes, also used for floating point numbers • Long 8 bytes from -9 trillion- 9 trillion • Nullable types can represent the full range of values of their normal underlying type, along with the additional value of null • Bool? B; can be true of false or null • System.Object hold many classes, system.int32, system.String • Int i = 0; int I = new int(); • Provides a unified way of working with all variable types, you don’t treat primitive types one way and objects another like in other languages. • C# types can be converted to and from objec
More Less

Related notes for IST 240

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit