HIST 15200 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Leon Czolgosz, William Mckinley, Emma Goldman

35 views3 pages
16 Aug 2018
Department

Document Summary

We become more active in foreign affairs. Wilson: september 6, 1901, leon czolgosz. Not gonna get the american dream i. ii. iii. iv. v. vi: went to hear speaker emma goldman, she was an anarchist and spoke about anarchism, anarchist dont believe in gov"t i. ii. iii. The way to achieve anarchism is to assassinate political leaders. They became a terrorist force esp in europe: leon thought this was the truth and became an anarchist, anarachists didnt believe him so leon decides to prove himself by killing william mckinley viii. What were the forces that changed america at leons time: industrialization, before late 19th century, no industry, majority of america worked in farms, late 19th century- growth of huge factories i. Ppl w enormous wealth: rockefeller a, andrew carnegie, steel, dominated steel but he eventually gets sold out to jp. Morgan for 5 million dollars: cornelius vanderbilt, john jacob aster, bill gates, many senators were controlled by businesses i. ii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers