HSCI 20200 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Estuary, Pfiesteria

31 views2 pages

Document Summary

Essentials of environmental, occupational, and radiological health sciences (hsci 20200) Objectives: define and introduce environmental, occupational, and radiological health sciences. Physical/ chemical/ biological/ social surroundings: man-made environment e. i. Community systems: ex. roads, waste management: social environment (lifestyle factors) f. i. Socioeconomic status: healthy ecosystem = healthy humans g. i. Ecosystem- a system of individual living things and their environment that they live in g. ii. External loads and rapid changes can disrupt the balance of the ecosystem as a whole g. iii. When algae grow faster in water, it forms visible patches in the water that harms humans/ plants/ environments/ animals g. iii. 1. b. life g. iii. 1. c. g. iii. 1. d. Depletes oxygen and blocks sunlight for the marine. Lake erie case (2014)- caused water to be ban for a long period of time, affecting almost half a million people g. iii. 1. e. (ex. ) Red tides- harmful marine algae grows fast in the ocean causing it to be red/brownish color g. iii. 1. e. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers