NUR 302 Lecture Notes - Lecture 12: Health Insurance Portability And Accountability Act, Advance Healthcare Directive, Primum Non Nocere

45 views4 pages
7 Dec 2016
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

In order to make ethical decisions about informatics technologies and patients intimate healthcare data and information, we must be informatics competent. Just as we use processes and models to diagnose and treat our patients in practice, we can also apply a model in the analysis and synthesis of ethical dilemmas or cases. Initiation, withholding and withdrawal of treatment and advance directives in acute and long term care. Poor patient outcomes because of inadequate staffing. Access to data for research and other purposes. Important in her documentation as well as practice: autonomy, beneficence, nonmaleficence, justice. The international council of (cid:374)urse"s code of ethics states that (cid:862)the nurse holds in confidence perso(cid:374)al i(cid:374)for(cid:373)atio(cid:374) a(cid:374)d uses judge(cid:373)e(cid:374)t i(cid:374) shari(cid:374)g this i(cid:374)for(cid:373)atio(cid:374)(cid:863) Related rules equally important in healthcare informatics. Information should only be shared with other who have a need to know. Relates to a(cid:374) i(cid:374)dividual"s physical or (cid:373)e(cid:374)tal health or the provisio(cid:374) of or pay(cid:373)e(cid:374)t for health care.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers