OT 111 Lecture Notes - Lecture 11: Multiple Sclerosis, Hull House, Schizophrenia

82 views6 pages

Document Summary

I chose occupational therapy because i knew i wanted a job helping other people. In any setting, an occupational therapist"s role is to help, not fix their patient & reach their goal of independence. In my opinion, i believe occupation is how people spend their time daily, and what makes them, them. Personal interest, independence very broad interact with environment, functional mobility, eat, sleep, breath speech, social, physical activites/play. Stay healthy, maintaining independence, leisure, role model education, social, independence, adapting providing for family, job, role modeling. Mission statement aota advances the quality availability, use and support of ot through standard setting, advocacy, education, and research on behalf of its members and the public. Vision statement aota advances ot as the preeminent profession in promoting the health, productivity, and quality of life of individuals and society through the therapeutic application of occupation. Aota supports ot practices and interventions by researching and collecting data and making it available to its members: ex.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers