MGMT-340 Lecture Notes - Lecture 36: Ethical Decision, Field Dependence, Moral Disengagement

27 views3 pages
19 Oct 2017
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Locus of control- individuals perception that they are in control but they really are not. I(cid:374)di(cid:448)idual"s per(cid:272)eptio(cid:374) that they are i(cid:374) (cid:272)o(cid:374)trol of a(cid:374) e(cid:448)e(cid:374)t: external locus of control: luck, fate, outside forces will determine the outcome of an event, not individual action. I(cid:374)ter(cid:374)al lo(cid:272)us of (cid:272)o(cid:374)trol: out(cid:272)o(cid:373)es are pri(cid:373)arily the result of the i(cid:374)di(cid:448)idual"s efforts. Individuals with higher degrees of internal locus of control are more likely to make decisions and take action independently of outside forces. Individuals with higher degrees of external locus of control are more likely to conform to the actions and perceptions of others. We need to question both our command of the facts and understand what perspective we are bringing to the problem. Moral disengagement: moral disengagement mechanisms help individual to do unethical things without feeling guilty about it, three categories, and eight behaviors, bad behavior is made to seem more acceptable, reducing personal responsibility, reducing our identification with the victim.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers