33:799:301 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Manufacturing Resource Planning, Multinational Corporation, Laptop

91 views20 pages

Document Summary

What is a supply chain: any organization offering a product or a service has a supply chain, products and services are created from materials, equipment, labor, time, money, and other resources. Producing and delivering products and services requires suppliers, manufacturers, and customers; all of which make up a supply chain: a supply chain can be very simple or very complex, supply chains exist in organizations that are: Large or small (i. e. , a multinational corporation or a mom & pop shop on the local corner) Public or private (i. e. , a publically traded company or a privately held company) For-profit or not-for-profit (i. e. , a commercial business or a government or charitable institution: a supply chain consists of the flow of materials and products from: Raw material suppliers, intermediate suppliers, and finished material suppliers . to. Wholesalers, distributors, retailers and/or consumers: nodes or links in the supply chain are connected by. From the biggest company in the world to running your household.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers