Premium

3 Pages

Department
Asian Studies
Course Code
ASIAN 101
Professor
A.Feres

This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full 3 pages of the document.

Loved by over 2.2 million students

Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.

Leah — University of Toronto

OneClass has been such a huge help in my studies at UofT especially since I am a transfer student. OneClass is the study buddy I never had before and definitely gives me the extra push to get from a B to an A!

Leah — University of Toronto
Saarim — University of Michigan

Balancing social life With academics can be difficult, that is why I'm so glad that OneClass is out there where I can find the top notes for all of my classes. Now I can be the all-star student I want to be.

Saarim — University of Michigan
Jenna — University of Wisconsin

As a college student living on a college budget, I love how easy it is to earn gift cards just by submitting my notes.

Jenna — University of Wisconsin
Anne — University of California

OneClass has allowed me to catch up with my most difficult course! #lifesaver

Anne — University of California
Description
ASIAN 101 - Lecture 9 - Medieval to Modern Korea Silla Unified Kingdom Was ruled by King Mummu of Silla Silla was conquered by Backje in the 600s and Goguryeo in 668 Silla was aided by Tang forces from China Ties to China Silla was close with the Tang Dynasty in China The Korean Buddhist monk were sent to China for training and others to India They brought back Pure Land and Zen Buddhism brought back to Korea The Confucian College established in the 7th century There was woodblock printing from 751 CE China had the oldest form in the world Goreyo Dynasty This dynasty lasted from 918 through 1382 CE This was founded by General Taejo Wang Geon or King Taejo His goal was to restore territory lost earlier to China Buddhism was strong Printing The worlds first movable type invented in China in 1040 and spread to Korea The worlds first movable metal printing in 1234 CE The first book was Jikji in 1377 It was a collection of excerpts from the analects of Buddhist monks as it was a guide to Buddhism Mongolian Invasion In 993, the Mongolian Liao Dynasty invaded The Goryeo commander Seo Hiu negotiated with them Goryeo agreed to end its alliance with the Southern Song, to adopt Liaos calendar, and to become a tributary state to Liao This continued on and off until the 13th century Korea and Mongols There was a joint Mongol-Korean attack on Liao The mongols then turned on Korea and attacked
More Less
Unlock Document
Subscribers Only

Only page 1 are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
Subscribers Only
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document
Subscribers Only

OR

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit