MTJW 306 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Asteroid Family

67 views2 pages
26 Jan 2017
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

I find that my own definition for contemporary jewelry is often founded on the utter impossibility to do just that define whi(cid:272)h i(cid:374) (cid:373)y opi(cid:374)io(cid:374), happe(cid:374)s (cid:271)e the field"s (cid:373)ost frustrating yet interesting component. Page 1 our field has faced similar evolutional changes that have yet to be accounted for. Organizing jewelry into categories poses challenges because of the changes in technology for example social media is so i(cid:374)tegrated i(cid:374)to life that i(cid:374)stead of (cid:373)o(cid:448)e(cid:373)e(cid:374)ts it(cid:859)s a (cid:272)o(cid:374)sta(cid:374)t shift fro(cid:373) tre(cid:374)d to tre(cid:374)d moving so fast. For makers who share more in-depth interests, concept-based shows further expose the research element that coincides with any true artistic practice. Conceptual development is fundamental to the field, in which jewelry pieces are physical manifestations of long personal investigations. Exhibitions, therefore, harness the potential to share such thinking processes with the public with statements made stronger when a number of artists gather to articulate their messages.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers