PSY 451 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Organic Chemistry, Public Dispensary, Rheumatism

71 views32 pages
14 Sep 2017
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Method of dream interpretation: the analysis of a sample dream. The title which i have given my treatise indicates the tradition which i wish to make the starting-point in my discussion of dreams. With the hypothesis that dreams are interpretable, i at once come into contradiction with the prevailing dream science, in fact with all dream theories except that of. Scherner, for to interpret a dream means to declare its meaning, to replace it by something which takes its place in the concatenation of our psychic activities as a link of full importance and value. The opinion of the masses has always been quite different. It asserts its privilege of proceeding illogically, and although it admits the dream to be incomprehensible and absurd, it cannot summon the resolution to deny the dream all significance. The laity has, therefore, always endeavoured to interpret the dream, and in doing so has tried two essentially different methods.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers