Anatomy Lecture Notes Sept 5

2 Pages
Unlock Document

San Jose State University
Biological Sciences
BIOL 065
Dr.Joanne Kerr

Blood Vessels 1. Arteries a. thick, smooth muscles, elastic (because of heart pumping blood) b. The tunica media is very thick, vasa varosrum gives 2nd wall oxygen c. Systemic arteries i. carry oxygenated blood ii. Vasa Vaosrum 1. "Vessels of vessels" 2. oxygen to arterial wall 2. Arteries -> Arterioles -> capillaries a. capillaries made of simple squamous epithelium b. no smooth muscle c. slightly larger than RBC 3. Veins a. systematic veins - carry deoxygenated blood b. Varicose veins = failed valves "stripping the vein" i. cogenital, pregnancy, occupational, obesity c. superficial veins we see through skin. we see them because the valves have failed i. cogenital - runs in family ii. occupational-because of their job, require to stand for long time (people with desk jobs) iii. Obesity - adipose and pressure on the veins iv. Pregnancy - child on pelvic, stops vein (temporary) 4. Pulmonary and Systemic Circulation a. Aorta -> Ascending -> Arch ->Descending
More Less

Related notes for BIOL 065

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.