Biological Sciences
Course
BIOL 065
Professor
Dr.Joanne Kerr
Semester
Fall

Description
Hepatic Portal, Fetal, Lymphatic Circulation 1. Hepatic Portal a. Portal = capillary veins, network of veins b. Hepatic Vein = ordinary veins (draining the liver) c. Supeior mesenteric vein = drain small and large intestine d. Inferior mesenteric vein = large intestine, colon, rectum e. Splenic vein f. Spleen = full of blood i. punctured spleen = fatal, must remove, impossible to surgerically fix it (liver will take over spleen's position after removal) g. Pancreas i. pancreas cancer = fatal ii. hemotogenous spread of cancer blood (carried by blood) 2. Fetal Circulation a. 5 Specialization b. One umbilical Vein i. goes past developing liver (Ductus Venosus in Liver) and becomes IVC c. Forman Ovale between Atria (Oval hole) i. Hole between right and left atrium 1. allows blood goes right to left atrium d. Dactus Arteriosis i. connects to pulmonary trunk to the aorta 1. allows blood and air skip lungs e. Two Umbilical arteries i. stick to umbilical vein and placenta 3. Patent (Open) Foramen Ovales a. hole (Forman Ovale) did not close (abnormal) b. Atrial Sptal Defect i. makes murmurs c. Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD) i. H
More Less

Related notes for BIOL 065

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit