Premium

5 Pages

Department
Electrical Engineering
Course Code
EE 284
Professor
balaji

This preview shows pages 1 and half of page 2. Sign up to view the full 5 pages of the document.

Loved by over 2.2 million students

Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.

Leah — University of Toronto

OneClass has been such a huge help in my studies at UofT especially since I am a transfer student. OneClass is the study buddy I never had before and definitely gives me the extra push to get from a B to an A!

Leah — University of Toronto
Saarim — University of Michigan

Balancing social life With academics can be difficult, that is why I'm so glad that OneClass is out there where I can find the top notes for all of my classes. Now I can be the all-star student I want to be.

Saarim — University of Michigan
Jenna — University of Wisconsin

As a college student living on a college budget, I love how easy it is to earn gift cards just by submitting my notes.

Jenna — University of Wisconsin
Anne — University of California

OneClass has allowed me to catch up with my most difficult course! #lifesaver

Anne — University of California
Description
find more resources at oneclass.com SIP SIP is used in conjunction with several other IETF protocols such as the Session Description Protocol (SDP), the Real-Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP), and the Session Announcement Protocol (SAP). SIP defines two basic classes of network entities: clients and servers. Strictly speaking, a client (also known as a user agent client) is an application program that sends SIP requests. A server is an entity that responds to those requests. Thus, SIP is a client-server protocol. Four different types of servers exist: proxy server, redirect server, user- agent server, and registrar. Proxy server The proxy server here is similar to that used in the LAN networks, when a user sends a request, the proxy server either handles that request or forwards it to some other servers perhaps after performing some translation, In this way the user identity is hidden from the outside servers. Redirect server  This server accepts SIP requests, maps the destination address to zero or more new addresses, and returns the new address to the originator of the request. Thereafter, the originator of the request can send requests directly to the address(es) returned by the redirect server.  A redirect server does not initiate any SIP requests of its own.  This can be another means of providing the call-forwarding/follow-me service that can be pro- vided by a proxy server.  The difference is that, in the case of a redirect server, the originating client does the actual forwarding of the call.  The redi- rect server simply provides the information necessary to enable the origi- nating client to correctly route the call, after which the redirect server is no longer involved. find more resources at oneclass.com find more resources at oneclass.com Registrar is a server that accepts SIP REGISTER requests. Sip uses the user registration for maintaining the access location of the user, e.g if the user log in to the office sip machine then a request is generated about his location, similarly if he changes the location the subsequent location changes are updated. find more resources at oneclass.com find more resources at oneclass.com Call Establishment in SIP Advantages of SIP SIP offers a great deal of flexibility. For example, SIP does not care what type of media is to be exchanged during a session or the type of trans- port to be used for the media. In fact, SIP itself can be carried over several different transport protocols. In other words, SIP provides more flexibility than is found in typical telecommunications protocols. That flexibility can be exploited to enable custom services and features. SIP messages can include a number of optional fields, which can contain user-specified information. This approach enables users to share nonstandard user-specific information, which enables users and devices to make intelligent call-handling decisions.  For example, a SIP INVITE can include a subject field. A person who receives an INVITE might decide to accept or reject the call depending on who is calling and what the subject happens to be. One can imagine a situation where an INVITE contains a text string such as “I know you are there. Please answer the phone.” If the call is rejected, the response might contain a text string such as “Stop calling me!”  Imagine another scenario where a call is directed to a user who is cur- rently not available. Obviously, the SIP response will indicate that the user is unavailable (no big surprise). The response could, however, include an indication that the user expects to be available a
More Less
Unlock Document
Subscribers Only

Only pages 1 and half of page 2 are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
Subscribers Only
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document
Subscribers Only

OR

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit