BUS 326 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Frederick Winslow Taylor, Lillian Moller Gilbreth, Elton Mayo

53 views3 pages

Document Summary

Organizational behavior (ob) systematic study of impact tht individ, groups, and struct have on behav w/in organizations. How people feel & behave in organizations (in light of other people, how the org is struct, etc) Knowledge gained about individ, groups, and struct ultimately used to improve org effectiveness. 3 levels of analysis used in studying orgs: individual processes (i. e. decision making) Decision making and decision making biases: group processes (i. e negotiation) Persuasion in terms of how can we make things run smoothly that ppl do things that they may not necessarily want to do. Organizational pwr and influence: organizational processes (i. e. organizational design) Frederick winslow taylor founder of the approach. Goal = make factories as efficient as possible. Emph importance of designing jobs as efficiently as possible. Careful selection and training of employees: wages should be commensurate w/ productivity, one best way to perform the job. Time and motion study: classified and streamlined individ mov"ts needed to perform job.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers