PSY 334 Lecture Notes - Lecture 11: Etiology, Simon Baron-Cohen, Social Cognitive Theory

79 views2 pages

Document Summary

Theory of mind ability to understand that others have a perspective and a perspective that may be different from ours. Td develops b/w 3-5 yrs old. Mindblindness : cognitive do i know what you think, can i put myself in your head, affective understanding how another person feels. Cognitive empathy know how something may affect someone. Affective/emotional empathy being able to feel for the other person. No defects kids w/ autism will react like we do. Spontaneous at very low level, not engaging peripheral circuits involved in spontaneous theory of mind. Hacking hyp ppl of autism do develop theory of mind kind of have to hack it up and scramble to make it and do so inferentially and by learning. Empathizing 3 core capacities: social ability to engage and connect w/ others, communication ability to have back and forth conversation, imagination of others" minds. Systemizing: obsessions with systems, repetitive behaviors, islets of ability strengths that you may have.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers