PSY 274 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Parachuting, Negative Affectivity, Conscientiousness

40 views7 pages

Document Summary

First to offer psychology class in the us. Some say he"s the father of american psychology. See our self as we see other people & things. Social identity = identityfriends + identityparents + etc. We generate ideas on the spot to explain actions. Self appraisals others" actual appraisals (of you) . Knowledge of us linked with knowledge of others different self for different others. Your behavior with friends vs. with parents self-other overlap. Decide who you are by past actions i"m brave because i went skydiving. I"m not shy because i went to many parties. Who i am vs. who i want to be could lead to negative affectivity. The cook asks what he wants on the burger. View of the self in relation to others independent self-construal. Feelin" good about ourselves: self-esteem, self-enhancement, self-serving bias, self-veri cation, self-af rmation, positive illusions, better than average effect, implicit egoism. Does you city affect your self-esteem: perhaps based on personality t.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers