Psychology
Course
PSY 313
Professor
Kalish
Semester
Spring

Description
-Very plain -No flowery prose, hyperbole -Fact based -Anything stated as true must be supported by a reference -Cite peer-reviewed articles -DO NOT -Use flowery/creative prose -Use synonyms for variation -DO use the same word for the same concept -Beat around the bush -To add length, DO add new content instead of restating -DO eliminate needless words -APA style -Style guide in library -Lab report instructions -Textbook chapter 16 & Appendix D -Sections of the paper -Title page -Abstract -Intro (not labelled “intro” — just the first thing in the paper) -Method -Results -Discussion -References -Figures/tables -Hourglass structure (relevance to world: relevant —> specific —> relevant) -Broad-based intro -Focused hypothesis -Specific methods, results -Focused discussion of hypothesis -Broad-based conclusion -Intro -Est. general relevance (can cite pop. media) -Describe constructs & theories (cite peer-reviewed research) -Hypothesis (must match survey ?s) -First paragraph: capture interest w/ relevant -Discussion -Restate predictions & findings -Data consistent w/ hypothesis? -Data consistent w/ prior lit.? -General implications (return to 1st para.) -How should I change my life / views on the world? -Abstract -Brief (12
More Less

Related notes for PSY 313

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit