Sociology
Course
SOC 101
Professor
Janet Wilmoth
Semester
Fall

Description
Intro to Sociology Aug 25What is sociologyUses scientic methods to study social lifeProvide and understanding of causes and consequencesof human behaviorThey studySocial changeLives in certain areas geographically or historical periodsRaces class and gender and how they shape life choices chances ex how being a white female may be easier than a black maleHow organizations and institutions operateDistribution of wealth and powerImpact of globalizationWhy should I careI am apart of societyI create society and I am impacted by itMACRO the top biggest SocietyInstitutions OrganizationsGroupsMICRO the smallest Social Networks cliquesMacro inuences micro and vice versa Aug 27Social Structure Reality that emerge from social interactionsInstitutions Large scale social structures that meet the basic needs of society Ex Production and distribution of resources economy Reproduction of members family Inculcating new members education Decision making bodies govt and law enforcement Providing personal meaning for members religiousTaking care of the sick health care Distributing information mass media
More Less

Related notes for SOC 101

OR

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit