History
Course
HIST 106
Professor
Kamphoefner
Semester
Spring

Description
Philadelphia Centennial Exhibition/ Class Intro A. Philadelphia Centennial Exhibition, 1876 a. Announced America’s arrival as a technological power b. Many firms were present that would dominate the next century B. Women at the Expo a. Should be seen, not heard b. Anthony, Stanton i. Women’s declaration of independence c. Indicative of women’s right to vote, etc. C. Bad news from west: Custer’s last stand a. Indians won the battle, lost the war b. “battle of little big horn” c. Inevitable defeat (R.R., no buffalo, etc.) d. Frontier provides a safety barrier D. National women’s suffrage group thing a. Founders meeting b. Same day as pavilion opening at exhibition c. Women’s DOI published, hidden on page 5 E. Frederick Douglas a. Most prominent leader of blacks F. Common Assertions about reconstruction a. Republicans controlled it i. Bad for the south, destroyed it’s culture 1. Slavery b. Two statements about black suffrage i. Encompasses soldiers idealism ii. Focused on $ and failing white’s political calculations c. During reconstruction the south was subjected to military dictatorship i. Actually, the federal troops were few in number and stretched at all sides d. Considerable expansion in schools e. School taxes were expensive f. Votes for three southern states were contested
More Less

Related notes for HIST 106

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit