WGST 300 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Margaret Floy Washburn, The Feminine Mystique, Betty Friedan

33 views3 pages

Document Summary

Consider myself a feminist and am currently involved in the women"s movement. Consider myself a feminist but am not involved in the women"s movement. Do not consider myself a feminist but agree with at least some of the objectives of feminism. Do not consider myself a feminist and disagree with the objectives of feminism. Women and men can never absolutely be equal because of the anatomy differences of the body, but we can push for equal opportunities for men and women. Feminism can vary in definition depending on who you ask -- there are essentially different subgroups of feminism that associate the cause of women"s discrimination on different things. Value women as important and worthwhile human beings. Radical feminism -- focus is male control and domination of women throughout history. Liberal feminism -- passing laws that guarantee equal rights for women. Cultural feminism -- recognize that there are essential differences b/w men and women.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers