HIS 187 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Logical Consequence, Mass Shooting, Final Solution

20 views4 pages
10 Nov 2016
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

November 7st first essay (either book analysis or the contested memories) Contested memory- how the event can be viewed in different ways. Joseph goebbels- minister of propaganda, dec 12 1941, after operation barbarossa fails. No hitler, no holocaust- probably but oversimplifies and incorrectly implies hitler solely responsible for it. No wwi, no holocaust- i believe this is not emphasized enough. Not only effected hitler but produced environment for him to flourish. Nazi euphemisms: (cid:862)je(cid:449)ish questio(cid:374)(cid:863) o(cid:373)ethi(cid:374)g had to (cid:271)e do(cid:374)e a(cid:271)out the je(cid:449)s. Solutions- measure undertaken to bring about a satisfactory and permanent end to said question. Removal- jews had to get out of the third reich one way or another. Resettlement- moving the jews to undisclosed destination. Paul schmidt- cleanse the jewish race to make german race healthy. I do not find the arguments it was a uniquely anti seminitic persuasive. I would agree that german political culture was susceptible to a charismatic dictatorship.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers