AAS 0834 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Peggy Mcintosh, Ableism, Professor Hamilton

52 views3 pages

Document Summary

O a set of unearned benefits given to people who fit into a specific social. Unpacking the invisible knapsack peggy mcintosh: authored: white privilege and male privilege: a personal account of. Coming to see correspondences through work in women"s studies. (1988) Whites benefit from privilege in their everyday lives socially, Intersectionality and the matrix of domination economically, culturally, and legally: patricia hill-collins intersectionality theory. Matrix of domination the overall organization of power in a society. Intersectionality a particular way of understanding social location in terms of crisscross systems of oppression. It is an analysis claiming that systems of race, social class, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, nation, and age form mutually constructing features of social organization. #crimingwhilewhite: rowan county, kentucky chief deputy county clerk, refused to issue marriage licenses to same sex couples, i"ve weighed the cost and i"m prepared to go to jail, i sure am. This has never been a gay or lesbian issue for me.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers